Sunday 3 November 2013

Northern States' Trip

Hey ya’!

It’s been a long time and I’m already in Week 8 of my sixth semester. Two months left before going back to Sabah. How time flies. Anyway, I had a really fun time during my holiday a few weeks ago. My friends – Ajit, Jace, and Zell – and I went to Kedah [that includes Langkawi] for five days and also spent an entire day in Penang. We went there [Alor Setar to be precise] because we wanted to complete two assignments for two different subjects, but hey, since we were in Kedah, might as well we crossed the sea and enjoyed what Langkawi has to offer. By the way, that was my second time to Langkawi. The first time I went there was when I was like 2 years old.

So, where did I go? Lemme remember… Sultan Ahmad Shah College [that’s for our assignment really, but the school was so colonially cool!], a couple of historic places in Alor Setar, Paddy Museum, National Science Centre Northern Region Branch, Mount Mat Chinchang [Cable Car of course!], Langkawi Wildlife Park, Pasir Hitam and Cenang Beaches, island hopping in Beras Basah, Singa, and Dayang Bunting Island, Kek Lok Si Temple, Penang Hill, Fort Cornwallis, ate ABC at the famous Penang Road Teochew Penang Chendul, and took the ferry ride [also for the second time in my life].
Here are some photos of our trip!
In front of the main (colonial era) building of Sultan Abdul Hamid College.
Sultan Abdul Hamid College in Alor Setar, Kedah was built in 1908. I love the colonial architecture of this school. 
Balai Nobat is where they keep the Nobat musical instruments when they are not in used. The instruments are mostly used during Royal ceremonies. 
On top of Mount Mat Chinchang, Langkawi. The cable car ride was so exhilarating! 
 A pier made from coconut trunks and pieces of wood at Pantai Pasir Hitam.
Island hopping in Langkawi. Here, the boat was approaching the mythical Dayang Bunting Island. 
Dayang Bunting Island's hills. 
 The symbol of Langkawi, the majestic statue of the Brahminy Kite at Eagle Square.
 The pylons of Penang Bridge. I love the long ride over the strait on the bridge.
Deliciously sweet ais kacang from the famous Penang Road Teochew Chendul Restaurant.

0 hecks: