Monday 8 April 2013

Wish

‘The world is not a wish-granting factory’ – it’s a sentence from one of my all-time favourite books, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

You know, many things happened to me and I know what it feels like to not have your wish granted. It hurts, sometimes not that hard, but in many instances, it feels like a hundred tonnes of steel just come crashing down on your spine. When I didn’t get the result that I wanted for my previous semester - that freaking hurt and I say that I was terribly downhearted. When I could not give the best for my presentations or tests, I tend to keep my feelings inside. When I did anything wrong even if my mistake was small, I got all fidgety, panicky.

Then again, I can get over with all those things because I intend to gain back what I’ve lost or do even better in every action I’ll commit.

There are many other times when I really want certain things to become reality, one dream is stronger than the other and I really have one right now, but that will never be real because it’s not meant to be real. This dream just stays like it is supposed to be: a dream. I wish I can just stop my head from giving me pain, but it’s tough, because I have never feel this way before.

Yes, it is always painful when we want something that we know we will never get. Still, in the absence of reality, even constructing the dream in our mind is just as good.

0 hecks: