Thursday 11 March 2021

Did You See The Light?

Did you see the light?
Did you see how beautiful
when it lasted?
An ethereal puncture in the
darkness, a guide that kept pulling
us like moths to lamps and I thought
it'd be reached, but you went
ahead, and the steps I took
were never enough. The tunnel
was long, time dripped as
slowly as droplets from the ceiling
wetting me more more and more
weighing me down
heavier, heavier, and heavier
until I was soaked, cemented
so hard by gravity
my feet were stalled
you couldn't see me
turning into a statue starving for air
the light faded into a pinhole
the tunnel, a dragging, treacherous
hell of blindness
and you, ran towards the end still
body smaller and smaller
I couldn't even say goodbyes
goodbyes I didn't even want to say
I was but a statue
untouched by travellers
unseen by trespassers
forgotten by the one who
left me behind.
Did you see the light?
Did you find it beautiful?

0 hecks: