Sunday 16 October 2011

Real Steel

Watching Atom~!
 I'll dance if you teach him to fight
Look at me~! No, ME~!
I can’t even begin on how to describe how epic this movie is! I wanted to watch Real Steel since the first time I saw the trailer, and from that alone, I thought that the movie could be amazing, and indeed… Real Steel is the real deal!

The story takes place in the near future where robots have taken the role of the humans in the sport of boxing. Former boxer, Charlie Kenton [Hugh Jackman] tries to earn his living [and pays his debts] by participating in underground robot boxing matches. His life [which is bad] takes a turn when he meets his estranged son, Max Kenton [Dakota Goyo]. With Max [and Atom, Max’s newfound robot] by his side, Charlie begins to find a new hope, and thus, a new journey that involves a father, a son, and a robot sets offs.

First of all, how many movies have these Americana feelings to them? I think Real Steel has that taste of America in it. The state fairs, the pubs, the American countryside, heck even the truck… the awesome cinematography enhances the movie beautifully! The BGM/soundtrack… SWEET... especially the music during the final fight and when Max digs Atom the Robot! They complete the movie aurally. The FX and animatronics are just remarkable. Hey it’s an American movie, right? I say… the robots are cool!!!

Hugh Jackman is convincing as Charlie Kenton. The old champ acts quite well. Of course, the guy that I really like the most is the little Dakota Goyo. He’s SUPER CUTE! With his blue eyes, I just want to ship him here and pinch him!!! He got those acting chops too… really, really great for a 12-years-old kiddo! Dakota connects with Hugh in the movie. Their portrayal of a father-son relationship is nothing but tender and charming and REAL! Oh yeah, those dance moves by Dakota are surely groovy! I moved to the beat~! I also love the final scenes, the burst of emotions there: hope, happiness, struggle, suspense, madness~ everything are so overwhelming, they just drag me into the movie!!! Believe me!!! I'm captivated with the stellar performances by Hugh and Dakota!

Real Steel is packed with loads of stuffs… A punch of entertainment, the movie certainly rocks! I left the hall almost crying when the movie was over…

The movie is not just about robots... it's more than that~ It's about courage against all odds! It's about giving second chances! It's about the superheroes that reside in us! Real Steel is undeniably a pure knock-out! [My wish list now includes a boxing robot and Dakota Goyo…. Hahaha~]


P.S.: Dakota Goyo's ロボット shirt that he wears at the end of the movie is so cool~!
P.P.S.: I think I reblogged/blogged/wrote a lot of things about Real Steel on my tumblr

4 hecks:

Eudora Priscilla said...

Thanks for the review afiq ^^ going to watch it today! :D

Afiq said...

You're welcome Dora~! Go watch it~! >.<

Kamalul Ariffin said...

tengok x ajak aku!!
*merajuk* :(

Afiq said...

Hahahah~ Sorry! Muahaha~