Friday 20 January 2012

Changes...

…are inevitable. Indeed, a major change will happen soon – my transition from being a student in an IPG, to a student in a university. I still feel like this is an absurdly enthralling change… ‘Me being in a university!’ is not the sentence that I have ever thought of when I was in school. I love English, but at that time I was so sure that English would not take me that far, at least that far into a university.

Fate has a way to detour our thoughts. It is happening now.

I know UiTM will give its own tests to every member of my class. I’m looking forward to everything there, the new environment, the challenges, the courses [especially Japanese language!], the way of living. New memories will be made. I will be lying if I say that I’m not afraid. I don’t know what the perceptions of the mainstreamers there towards my class are, or how stiff the competition is, or how the atmosphere will affect me. Some say being in university will give you a culture shock if you are unable to adapt to the surrounding. Life there will be different. You got to be more independent… you got to be more resilient… you got to be more careful.

Changes are inevitable. IPG Gaya has been a great place, but I’ll be leaving this place for two years. Reality kicks in.

4 hecks:

Eudora Priscilla said...

You will be just fine! See you made it through since your first step here at Sabah :D Good luck Afiq, see you in two year!

Nadie said...

Don't forget to teach me Japanese while you're at UiTM! So envious of you to pick that language~

'Nee, sensei?'

Beautiful Dawn. said...

Good luck senior afiq!! Break a leg! I'm sure u'll be awesome there! ;)

Afiq said...

Dora: I hope I'll be fine! Heheh~ Thanks Dora!

Nad J: Hai, Nad-san~! Sensei will teach you~ Haha

Kichy: Thanks Fera~! ^^