Monday 6 February 2012

We Are the Riot


I know how insane we are
The folly splitting us apart
I can’t dodge any longer
Our words are express bullets
Smashing our skulls empty

I wonder how long we’ve held
This fury, the last peace
Was years ago, I’m a stranger
In the world we’ve made together
As the quake turns stronger

We are the riot

I was east
You were west
I wanted this
You wanted that
I said ‘oh, yes’
You said ‘please~’
I asked you to shut up
You asked me to speak loud

I craved to get away
You liked us to just stay
I tried to be even better
You said I was a dreamer
I said ‘we’re done!’
You said ‘you won’t leave me alone!’
I’ve lived your life
You’ve lived your own life

I’m sick of your words
You’re sick of my silence

Maybe this won’t be
Because the future is none
Maybe this is the end
Because the beginning’s gone
Maybe this is not us
Because together, we are alone

We’re our own riot
Mind-made wars
Heart-felt mars
Skin-deep scars

0 hecks: