Thursday 22 March 2012

Abhorrent

I have something that I've kept in my mind for so long [not that long actually…]: why do you have to hate someone? It’s like we’re hardwired to hate at least a single person for a length of a time. I heard a lot about people saying that “I hate this girl/guy. She/he is such a [put vulgar cursing word here]”.


I’m not saying that I have never hated any people. I used to hate those guys who bullied me, but it was all in the past, but again I must say, forgiving is not the same as forgetting. That issue aside, sometimes you may feel like you’re hated by someone else, but you just don’t know the reason behind it. Or maybe, something happens and it involves another person, and then you start thinking that the person hates you for it [kind of my story, but aaa-ny-way…].

It’s hard to live in peace when you see all those Facebook statuses or tweets about how A loathes B, and how B abhors A, and bla bla bla. For some, it is their chance to witness a real life drama, but then again, can’t we live in peace? No, they don’t want to do that. They just like to continue on with their fight until then end.

And Tumblr have all this sarcastic stuffs going on, one in particular made me think. The caption is somewhere along the line of ‘I hate living on this planet with you. Breathing the same air that you breathe disgusts me’. Pretty simple, right? You hate that person, and you also hate the fact that you’re living in the same place with whoever that person is.

The thing is, if you’re disgusted with that person, why don’t you confront him/her? Yes, words are easier said than done, but in many cases, things just got way out of control when no talks were done by the parties involved. And here’s one more thing: why do you need to hate the planet just because of one person? The proper way then is for you to vanish yourself. Poof, just like that.

Hardwired? What gives?

0 hecks: