Thursday 29 March 2012

May the Odds Be Ever In Your Favour.

The Hunger Games is based on the first novel of the best-selling Trilogy by Suzanna Collins known as… The Hunger Games. The truth is I’ve never read the novel, but boy I must say: NO OTHERS MOVIES HAVE EVER MOVED ME LIKE THIS BEFORE.

You can’t just ignore the power of The Hunger Games. I was so pumped up while watching the film. I couldn’t stay still, my heart was beating like 100x faster than normal, my emotion was like a boat getting all topsy-turvy in the sea. I was on the verge of crying lots of times. Nuff’ said:

THIS. IS. A. KICKASS. MOVIE.

I really love the characters of the movie. Jennifer Lawrence is the perfect Katniss Everdeen: her portrayal of Katniss is nothing but the best. She was on fire throughout the movie. She defines the new meaning of being a hero, and what’s more, she’s hot without having to be HOT. She was the flame that burns brightly throughout the movie - her emotions were right on, her fight for survival got my adrenaline high. Josh Hutcherson, meanwhile, plays Peeta Mellark, Katniss’ love interest, and I couldn’t help but to adore him. Josh is an amazing actor. His character might not be as strong or as willing as Katniss [he was the one who was needed to be saved by Katniss], but his softness and naivety balanced the toughness and roughness of Katniss. The portrayals of other characters like Cato, Clove, Rue, and Primrose were also great.
The movie uses shaky camera as its filming technique, which for me adds depth into the plot and made the movie even more interesting. Its cinematography was beautiful. The score was quite okay – I like some of them especially the one played when Katniss was trying to search for Peeta. The movie had some moments of humour, but when the action began, it was all non-stop, badass pumping stuffs. I guess the killing part might not be suitable for young children, but hey, what’s an action movie without any action? But don’t just count on the action scenes to get you moving on your seat. Even the emotional parts were awesome – heart-breaking, tear-jerking.
The Hunger Games
May the odds be ever in your favour

0 hecks: