Wednesday 21 April 2010

Supercalifragilistic Expialidociously Awesome

The TESL Camp is here... Woohooo...
Can you imagined it? Hahahah...
Weoowww... Gagaga... Lolololo... [hyperactivity]

So, I don't want to give too much intro... Let's just skip to the content...

Day 1

Our first day began with the breakfast in the hall's 'anjung' (Ramai-ramai beb... Hohoh) followed by some bla...bla...bla from Mr Bala... Gahahah. Our first activity was Ice Breaking conducted by Group 1, with the help of Miss Eva, Mr. Harold, and Mr. Alvin. We made our group logo, name, and cheers during this session. Our group's AWESOME IS OUR NAME a.k.a. AWESOME. Our cheers is TESL is Supercalifragilistic Expialidociously Awesome. Nice, right? XD... The next activity in Ice breaking was the bomb game... That was fun because it was fun to say

Awesome bomb, awesome bomb, awesome bomb to *********** bomb (*********** being the name of other groups)

Then came the forum... Seriously, forum is always, and I mean always ZZZZZZZZ... (Sorry to the participants)... Nevertheless, Mirah.... your speech... Hahah.

Next was the most exhausting but fun-nest session of the day, Treasure Hunt... Woohoooo... All the Awesomeness scrambled around the college searching for the stations... The stations were:

1: Poem Extract
2. New Lyrics for Old Song (Paparazzi of Lady Gaga infused with Weekend Activities theme... [So much, so much, so much...])
3. Home-made Twister (4 marks? WTH?)
4.Idiom Taboo
5. Fill In the Blanks
6. Arrange the pics

Yeah... It was fun... Hahah

That night, we got Skits Practice. Our group has to create a skits on the theme of comedy (isn't skit's a comedy?) with the obligation of using NEWSPAPERS as our prop... Heheh... The headline news was created... Nyeheheh... Fom the local, international, sports, and entertainment news... XD
Just wait for it...

Now, movin' on...

Day 2

Among the best day of my life... We had a trip to...

KUNDASANG AND RANAU...
Woooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo~!

Well, to begin with, we started our 2 hour++ journey with buses at 5.40 in the morning. First three groups in an express bus, while group 4, 5 (my group), and 6 on the Sepanggar... Sepanggar... bus (You'll know what it is when you come here)... Accompanying us on the trip were Mr. Alvin, Mr. Harold, and Miss Eva. The bus in nice and air-conditioned. Heheh. To tell you one thing, the road is like ular kena palu. We turned right and left, left and right. Plus, all the time, we were climbing it, that is the road was getting higher and higher than the sea level.The sceneries? Five stars. The valleys are surrounded by lush vegetations on the mountains. Fogs and mist everywhere. We could see Mount Kinabalu throughout our journey, the main feast of our eyes. We even stopped to take pics. How high is the mount? Well, you can't imagine. It's too, too high. Even from afar. XD

Our first destination is for our school visit, SK Batu 2, Ranau. The school is in the outskirts of Ranau Township. It was not big, really. One main building that consists of the classes and the administration offices. There, I experienced what it's like to be called a 'teacher' for the first time. It felt great... TTvTT... (Here, I want to apologize to my groupmates because of some... ermmm... 'slack' that I did during the school visit... So SOREEEE). Plus, I now know that I still need to learn on how to be like a teacher... I hope I will do that, sooner or later (better NOW!). Before moving on, we had our lunch at Ranau Township.

After the school visit ends, all of us went to the Kundasang War Memorial. It was a very soothing and tranquil place. the atmosphere was calm and quiet. A reminder of the hardships and bravery of the Australian, British, and New Zealanders soldiers [Aside: Don't say I'm a Western-minded jerk] who fought the Japanese. They were the Prisoners of War (POW) who was involved in the 260km Sandakan Death March during WWII. The names of the persons who died were engraved in the black granite, from boys as young as 19 to perhaps a father of 40. This place is a sanctuary of souls. I like the main wording that echoes throughout the memorial,
Lest We Forget.

Our trip continued and guess what? It's Kinabalu Park~! I would never imagined that I had just stepped my feet on the foot of the majestic Mount Kinabalu. For me, that was good enough (for now, that is). With my friends, we went for a walk through the Silau-silau trail. Surrounded by the forest, the air, OMG, was so cool and refreshing. Some more pics and then we went back to IPG.
Of course la, before that, some souvenirs. Our bus stopped at Pekan Nabalu and there, I bought... well... a cap... Hahah... but, okay what? It's a remembrance of my visit.

Overall, this trip is the most memorable trip in my life. I will remember it for the rest of my life for it was the first time I was called TEACHER

0 hecks: