Wednesday 15 September 2010

Can't Take That Away From Me


Well, I'm waiting for many album, and in that wait
JoJo
one of my all-time favourites had produced this new mixtape

CAN'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME

It's a nice surprise, actually. Besides, it's free.
Yeap, JoJo is so nice to give us the mixtape FOC. That's so nice of her.
No wonder I like her.

OK. First thing first: What's a mixtape?

From our favourite Wikipedia:

A mixtape or mixed tape is a compilation of songs recorded in a specific order, traditionally onto a compact audio cassette. A mixtape, which usually reflects the musical tastes of its compiler, can range from a casually selected list of favorite songs, to a conceptual mix of songs linked by a theme or mood, to a highly personal statement tailored to the tape's intended recipient.

JoJo said this:
"This mixtape is more experimental, I was able to explore the full spectrum of things that interest me and inspire me musically. Whereas the album, I wanted to make pop records and radio hits and things that satisfy me, but particularly for [All I Want Is Everything], it’s more of a continuous body of work."

Her mixtape is a conceptual one and from what I currently listened to, yeap, it's quite different from her usual type of music. Her vocal, as always, in the top-notch. Some songs are urban, while the others are catchy and pop-py. You will find yourself popping your feet to the beat of those catchy tracks while feeling her deep feeling to those emotional RnB and laid-back, relaxing ones. Different tracks, different vibes and uniqueness.

Here's a full list of songs in the mixtape:

1. Can’t Take That Away From Me
2. Running on Empty
3. Pretty Please
4. Why Didn’t You Call
5. Just a Dream
6. When Does It Go Away featuring Travis Garland
7. My Time Is Money
8. What You Like featuring Jordan Gatsby
9. In the Dark
10. Boy Without a Heart
11. All I Want Is Everything


All I can say that, she's all grown up, and CAN'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME is a winner.
♥ it!

0 hecks: