Tuesday 27 September 2011

Pedant

Pedant /ˈpɛdnt/ is a person who makes an excessive or inappropriate display of learning. You know the kind of person who can’t just shut his mouth from telling almost all general knowledge that he knows about the world?

I’m one of them! Hahaha! At least that’s what I think so. I read books, and then I spit the things I read out from my brain system. What sort of things you ask? Maybe stuff like this:

Atacama Desert is the driest desert on earth.
The earth will have 7 billion people by the end of this year.
An aeroplane needs four forces to enable them to fly.

Sometimes, when people made pronunciation/word mistakes, I would correct them:

It’s bushy, not brushy.
‘in-poot’, not ‘in-pyoot’.

I do sound like Hermione sometimes, don’t I? I even have the habit of correcting people when the situation is not that… err… suitable for any grammar/language correction. E.g.: heart-to-heart talk session. I don’t make a good listening partner. I never knew there is so much space inside that brain of mine. I think I need a Pensieve. Care to give one?

Anyhow, most people wouldn’t care about things like all these, right? Though I like to share those minutiae with guys and girls like my friends, I know they’ve been with me since the first day of me being here in IPG. If I do this with other persons, I would be considered pejorative and many knives would soon fly towards me. Besides, it’s not like I want to show how smart I am. It’s just… one kind of thing that I have. Hahaha! [Is it me, or am I being pedant to tell you this?]

4 hecks:

Nadie said...

XD the word suits you!

Ibrahim Ismail said...

Heyy Mr. Know It All! hahaha

Afiq said...

Um: Hahaha~ Thank you~ Well, that 's quite true you know - Pedant means Male Teacher, but err... that usage is now obsolete. Ngeheheh~

Im: I only know what I read... ^^ Still have a lot of things to learn~! >.<

pzulzarien said...

hahaha...