Friday 30 September 2011

Tiong Hua

I really believe IPGK Gaya is one of the most eventful and liveliest IPGs across the country. It seems like this place has at least one event every one or two months… heheheh~ Anyway, Chinese Language Society of IPGK Gaya did a cultural event known as Hari Kebudayaan Tiong Hua. There, they showcased the cultural facets of Chinese traditions and customs though food, calligraphy, festivities, and many more. You got to drink Chinese tea, ate moon cakes, answered questions/riddles and won beautifully crafted book markers, made your own calligraphy, and wrote some wishes and hung them on the lanterns… Well, it was for fun, isn’t it?

It is always fun to know other people’s ways of life don’t you think so?

 Calligraphy
 Dragon!
 Paper puppet show
 Food diorama
Lanterns to hang your wishes
 'cha' anyone?
 The moon cake making
The ingredients are listed here. Dare to make one? 
 Dragon boat
Pandan and red bean moon cake pieces

3 hecks:

Nadie said...

You got all four cops? o.o
Still, as you mentioned, it's really fun. To be honest, I really enjoyed my one-hour leisure there! :)

Unknown said...

wow... they're very creative! nice event.. glad u guys had a wonderful time there =D

Afiq said...

Um: No. I didn't enter the contest. I was there just to enjoy myself! ^^

Yuki: Yes, they are always that creative. ^^ I love what they'd done.