Sunday 15 August 2010

Left Handers Rock!

Before I begin, I just want to say:

Happy Belated
Left Handers Day!

Yup... 13th of August each year is designated as the international day for all left handers around the globe. This is to 'acknowledge' their uniqueness and to create awareness that the lefties also have the 'rights' to live in this world!

And guess what?

I'm a left hander!

So, we, as the left handers, which represents around 13% of the world population are definitely 'left'-out in the 'right'-winged society. Why?

We are viewed as clumsy, though we're really not. Most of the appliances, tools, and machineries and even sports on this earth are created for right-handers. That's the fact. So, using things are sometimes an awkward process for us. What things? Well, scissors, knives, tin openers, pens, guitars, many kind of machines, hockey, etc. We had to adapt to all those things.

In languages, left handers are abused too. the Aussie slang, mollie dooker refers to having fists like girls, while Dutch's linkshandig meaning to 'have two left hands' actually means 'to be clumsy'. In UK, one of the terms for left-handers is cow-pawed. Cow-pawed???

Still, don't weep my fellow lefties... Left-handers have lots of goodness. We are generally creative and visual thinkers [I put myself in this category... haha], better in 3D perception, and excel in most ball sports and hand-to-eye coordination [errr... I don't put myself in this, though... Heheh]. To add more, we are much smarter than the righties... Myahahah... Besides, there are many famous left handers all around the world: Prince William, Barack Obama, John Cena, Justin Bieber, Rafael Nadal, Nicole Kidman, Oprah, Angelina Jolie, Manny Pacquiao and others.

So, my lefty friends, we are a bunch of a very wonderful group on the face of the earth. Don't regret to be born as a lefty. All left-handers are in the 'right'-side of their mind, if you know what I mean. Huhuh...

LEFT HANDERS ROCK!

0 hecks: